Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Further search

Mark Bucciarelli wrote in response to my Useful indexing blog.

I wanted to let you know about the AmberFish project, which I discovered last week. I'm hoping to hack a kpart wrapper this summer. I've had some discussion with the author, and he is a KDE user and willing to do what he can to help.

It looks like a very good start. It's C/C++, fast, and allows incremental adding of documents to the index.

My original thought is to integrate it into KHelpCenter. First for KDE docs, and then expand the search domain to include other directories; for example, /usr/share/doc, and user-specified directories).

Ah. In the spirit of free software, find something someone has written, and use that. As I thought about indexing schemes, I could see it becoming a huge endeavor.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]